Practice the questions from the worksheet on the word problem on measuring capacitance (i.e., addition and subtraction). The addition and subtraction of word problems in liters and milliliters is done in a similar way to ordinary numbers.
Do the following addition and subtraction word problems:
1. A milkman sold 46 liters of 200 ml milk 3 days a week and 53 liters of 195 ml milk over the next 2 days. What amount of milk did he sell in 5 days?
2. Gary the milkman sells 35 liters of 800 ml milk in the morning and 24 liters of 500 ml milk in the evening. How much milk can he sell a day?
3rd Sara bought 500 ml of mustard oil, 250 ml of coconut oil and 2 liters of refined oil. What is the total amount of the 3 oils together?
4th Ruby bought a 5L can of sunflower oil at the market on Tuesday. By Friday there were only 2 liters of 440 ml of oil in it. How much oil was used in 3 days?
5. Alex consumed 15 liters of water on 2 days and 27 liters of water the rest of the week. How much water did he use in a week?
6th Gary the milkman delivers 1 liter of 250 ml milk a day to Mr. Jones’ house. What amount of milk does the milkman deliver to Mr. Jones’ house in a week?
7th Mary bought a 500 ml bottle of Pepsi, a 300 ml can of Frooti and 2 liters of Limca. What amount of cold drinks did Mary buy in total?
8th. Shelly has 2 liters of oil. She would like to pour it into 250 ml bottles right away. How many bottles can she fill with the oil?
9. Harry had 3 buckets of different capacities that could hold 9L 257ml, 12L 420ml and 30L 100ml water. How much water could be stored in total?
10. Gasoline costs $ 75 a liter. Tina has her car tank filled with 46 liters of petrol. How much does she pay at the pump?
11. There are 478 liters and 360 milliliters of water in the tank. 239 liters and 125 milliliters of water are used. How much water is left in the tank?
12th A swimming pool with a capacity of 200,000 liters. If there are 115,730 liters of water in the pool, how much water can be put into the pool?
13. The capacity of the milk boiler is 2 l 500 ml milk. If 1 liter of 200 ml milk is filled into the container, how much milk can still be filled into the container?
14th A cow gives 22 liters of 350 ml milk a day. If the milkman has 20 cows then:
(i) How much milk does he get a day?
(ii) If all the milk is in 500 ml bottles, how many bottles are required?
fifteen. An oil can holds 5 liters of oil. How much oil is left in the can if 2 liters of 750 ml oil are used?
16. Neil has 2 cars, one with a capacity of 33L 770 ml and the other with a capacity of 42L 550 ml. If both cars’ gas tanks are empty, how much gas can he put in the tanks?
17th The car was filled with 35 liters of 450 ml gasoline and consumed 29 liters of 561 ml gasoline in one month. How much gas is left in the car?
18th Adrian has 44 l of liquid soap and would like to fill it into 25 cans with a capacity of 550 ml each.
(i) Will he be able to fill all cans completely?
(ii) How much liquid soap is left out?
19th In a 1 ½ liter cold beverage bottle there are only 320 ml of cold beverage left. How much cold drink do you drink?
20th A water purifier cleans 100 liters of 150 ml water a day. How much water will the cleaner clean in a week?
21. The consumption of diesel in a truck. A in one day is 102 l 208 ml and the consumption of truck B is 105 l 196 ml. Whose consumption is lower and by how much?
22nd Clara made 20 liters of 500 ml lime squash on Saturday and 18 liters of 255 ml lime squash on Sunday. On which day was lime squash prepared in larger quantities and in what quantity?
Below are answers to the worksheet for the word problem on capacity measurement (i.e. addition and subtraction in liters and milliliters).
1. 99 l 395 ml
2. 60 l 300 ml
3rd 2 l 750 ml
4th 2 l 560 ml
5. 42 liters
6th 8 l 750 ml
7th 2 l 800 ml
9. 51 l 777 ml
10. $ 3450
11. 239 l 235 ml
12th 84270 l
13th 1 l 300 ml
14th (i) 447 liters
fifteen. 2 l 250 ml
16. 76 l 320 ml
17th 5 l 889 ml
18th (I yes
(ii) 30 l 250 ml
19th 1 l 180 ml
20th 701 l 50 ml
21. Truck A of 2 l 988 ml
22nd Saturday from 2 l 245 ml
Standard unit of capacity
Conversion of the standard capacity unit
Subtract the capacity
Addition and subtraction of the measuring capacitance
Math worksheets for 3rd grade
3rd grade math class
From the worksheet to the word task for capacity measurement to the HOME PAGE