Blog Home | Center for Biocidal Chemistry /? Php the_category (‘|’); ?>
The Center for Biocidal Chemistry (CBC) launched a new campaign, The science of helping othersto highlight the nonprofit and community-led efforts of the antimicrobial industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since March 2020, when many Americans began quarantine, numerous CBC member companies have expanded by donating millions of dollars in money, products, and equipment to organizations fighting COVID-19 across the country.
Over the past year, CBC’s mission has been to share vital information about antimicrobial agents and emphasize how effective disinfectants can be in killing harmful germs and viruses. At the same time, many of the individual members of the CBC have taken leadership roles in donating to organizations large and small in their communities and around the world.
With the fight against the SARS-CoV-2 virus by government agencies, healthcare providers, scientists and rescue workers, the antimicrobial industry also stepped up. The following is an example of the philanthropic efforts of the CBC members. For more informations,
- Milliken donates more than 23,000 reusable dresses to school districts in Upstate South Carolina.
- Nice-Pak donations to the Good360 organization hit the $ 1 million mark.
- The Albemarle Foundation’s commitment to education includes donations to a school uniform program in Louisiana and school supplies in Texas and North Carolina.
- Lubrizol is fulfilling its $ 2 million global commitment to support the COVID-19 crisis. Donations go to neighborhood food banks, local businesses, frontline medical professionals, and more.
- The Clorox Foundation, in partnership with leading public health organizations, donates $ 5 million to coronavirus caregivers.
- BASF, along with its agricultural solutions business in North America and multiple locations in the United States, is donating more than $ 365,000 to Feeding America, the country’s largest domestic famine relief organization.
- The ENVIROTECH facility in Modesto, California, is donating a pallet of hand sanitizer to the county to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in March 2020.
- LANXESS donates one million liters of disinfectant solution to hospitals, authorities and public institutions in 13 countries worldwide.
- Stepan Company’s Millsdale facility in Joliet, Illinois donates 800 gallons of hand sanitizer and several hundred gallons of spray disinfectant solution to the Chicago Police and Fire Department and numerous departments in the Chicago suburbs.
- Koppers Holdings Inc. is partnering with the Urban League of Greater Pittsburgh to launch a community-wide fund to source and distribute essential household products to underserved neighborhoods during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ecolab donates $ 1.7 million in financial assistance and in-kind donations to responding to COVID-19 on relief organizations and individuals in need.
- SC Johnson supports organizations in the Asia-Pacific region in the fight against COVID-19 with product and financial donations of over $ 1 million.
- GOJO and Lubrizol jointly donate more than 16,000 liters of Purell® hand sanitizer to hospitals in northeast Ohio.
- Reckitt Benckiser announces the launch of the RB Fight for Access Fund to improve access to health, hygiene and nutrition for all.
- Pilot Chemical donates FDA-compliant hand sanitizer, liquid hand soap, nitrile gloves, and more to help frontline workers and organizations performing essential services in the fight against COVID-19.
- MilliporeSigma announces the donation of research tools and materials to aid research efforts in Indonesia to accelerate vaccine development research.
- Procter & Gamble’s Safeguard Launches Hygiene Education Initiative and $ 10 Million Product Donation to Help Keep Children Healthy.
- Haviland, Inc. is converting part of its Kalamazoo, Michigan business to manufacture a gel-style hand sanitizer for critical care companies.
- The Solvay Solidarity Fund provides € 100,000 to support guar farmers in India during the Covid-19 crisis.
- SRC, Inc. is focused on driving change and showing appreciation for the local community and industry through donations and volunteering.
- Colgate supports nonprofits by providing $ 200 million worth of health and hygiene products to those most in need.
Please visit https://goodchemistryliveshere.com/resources/ for more information.