The subtraction word problem activity in the third grade math worksheet is very important for the children. Students must read the questions carefully and then translate the information to solve the subtraction problem and find the answers to each word problem. The sheet offers a large collection of word problems with subtraction for the children to practice and test their knowledge.
1. Of the 8,797 children in the city, 6,989 go to school. How many children do not go to school?
2. Ron has 1846 marbles in his collection; He gave his sister 547 marbles. How many marbles are left with him then?
3rd I had $ 5,000 with me. Of this, $ 3,585 was spent. How much money do I have now?
4th Shelly bought a sheet for $ 1,699. She gave the shopkeeper $ 2,000. How much does the shopkeeper get back?
5. There were 473 students in class V of one school. Of these, 461 passed and were promoted to the next grade. How many students were not promoted?
6th Shelly bought 568 cookies. She only got 233 cookies in the bakery. How many more cookies does she have to buy?
7th Mike has to learn 353 words of meaning. He learned 120 words. How many more words does he have to learn?
8th. There were 746 books in the library. Of these, 242 books are lost. How many books are there in the library?
9. Adriana has 346 apples in the garden. She gave her friend some apples. 135 apples stayed with her. How many apples did she give her friend?
10. It took Jane 356 minutes to do her English and math homework. It took her 204 minutes to complete English. How much time did it take her to complete math?
11. There are 4,500 books in a library. They are written in either English or French. If 2894 books are in English, how many books are in French?
12th Mike had $ 4,876 in his savings bank account. He withdrew $ 1,873. How much money does he have in his savings account now?
13. Tom has $ 7,800 in his bank. He withdrew $ 2,340 on Monday and $ 2,670 on Tuesday. What amount is still in his bank account?
14th How much is 3756 less than 5433?
fifteen. During a vaccination program in the village, 13,026 of 13,567 children were vaccinated. How many children still need to be vaccinated?
16. How much is 4897 less than 6123?
17th Derek has to travel a distance of 1456 km to reach his hometown, and when he goes 1152 km on the train and rest on the bus. How much distance does he cover by bus?
18th How much is 698 less than 553?
19th Nathalie has to write an essay of 6500 words in 3 hours. If she can write 4895 words in 2 hours, how many more words does she have to write in 1 hour to complete her essay?
20th How much is 3162 less than 2526?
21. 948 children took part in the festival, 573 of them boys. How many girls attended the festival?
22nd 790 students turned up for the Olympic exam. 248 students took the Math Olympics exam and the rest took the Science Olympics exam. How many students took part in the Science Olympiad?
23 Sandy scored 785 points in one game on Saturday. On Sunday he lost 213 points. How many points did he have left?
24. Brad was able to solve 483 out of 500 questions. How many questions remained unsolved?
25th Rosy made 452 dark chocolates and 183 vanilla chocolates. Which taste is less and how many pralines do you need to make both pralines the same?
26 There are 1348 girls in a school. If the total number of students in the school is 2900, how many boys are there in the school?
27 Sara earns $ 6,955 a month as a salary. She saves $ 1,565 a month. What are your monthly expenses?
28. Jerry wants to read 1762 pages of a book in 5 days. If she can read 1143 pages in 3 days, how many pages are there left to read?
29 The cost of one TV is $ 7069 and one cycle is $ 2359. How much does the television cost more than the cycle?
30th Vanilla plans to buy a pair of pants for $ 975 and a shirt for $ 1,699. If she has $ 2,000, can she buy both the shirt and the pants? If not, how much more does she need?
31. A cement dealer had 8,436 sacks of cement in his godown. He sold 3,565 bags of cement. How many bags are still in the godown?
32. How much is the smallest 5-digit number larger than the largest 4-digit number?
33. A grain dealer had 9,736 kilograms of wheat in stock. He sold 6,859 kilograms of wheat. How much wheat does he have in store now?
34. My dad wants to buy a washing machine that costs $ 8,580. But he’s only got $ 7,560. How much money does he still need?
35. Sam made a journey of 8473 km. Of this, he covered 4,253 km by train and the rest by car. How many km has he covered by car?
36. The difference between two numbers is 1307. If the larger number is 9577, find the smaller one.
Solutions for worksheet too subtraction Word problems are given below to check the exact answers to the above questions by subtraction.
1. 1808 children
3rd $ 1415
4th $ 301
5. 12 students
10. 102 minutes
12th $ 3003
17th 304 km
25th Vanilla; 269
29 $ 5390
31. $ 4710
32. $ 674 more needed
33. 4871 bags
33. 2877 kg
34. $ 1020
35. 4220 km.
Math worksheets for 3rd grade
From the worksheet via subtraction word problems to the HOME PAGE