ACS Biomaterials science and engineering invites interested and potential junior researchers to apply for membership in our Early Career Editorial Advisory Board. The journal took on its first Early Career Board with 28 members in 2019 and would like to put together a new cohort for 2022 to play an active role in the decision-making and publication process.
Over the course of a three-year term, we will foster key professional and mentoring relationships between our established members of the Editorial Advisory Board and the Associate Editors and the “in training” Early Career Board. The members of this body are expected to actively participate in the peer review process of the journal by making recommendations to the editors. Other opportunities for participation include social media engagement, advertising and contributions to magazine content, participation in special issues as a creditor and many related functions.
- Must be an active scientist employed by an academic, industrial, or research institution
- Must have received a doctorate in any area of biomaterials science and technology in the past 5 years (without career interruptions)
Please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of the published work and previous peer-review experiences (maximum 3 pages)
- Mission statement (~ 300 words) that describes your research goals and why you are interested in becoming a member of the Early Career Board
Please answer these questions as part of the mission statement:
- Are you ready to get involved in the magazine’s social media engagement and volunteer by providing content for tweets etc?
- Are you ready to assist the magazine with the procurement by identifying potential topics and authors?
- Are you ready to help the magazine organize special and virtual editions on interesting topics?
- Reprint of your most important paper published to date
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or advisor
Applications are accepted by September 10, 2021. Finalists will be notified by November 8, 2021, and those ultimately selected are expected to begin and serve a three-year term January 1, 2022. Those who are not selected are encouraged to reapply for the following term as long as eligibility remains. Please send your applications to Editor-in-Chief David Kaplan at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your applications.